Middle/Senior Java Developer
About our client:
Our client helps marketing and finance teams analyze all their transaction data and understand every customer's value, then take automated and personalized actions to change customer behavior - like come back more frequently and spend more money. The clients' customer lifecycle management software helps retail and restaurant chains encourage customers to visit more and spend more, so they can predictably grow sales across their stores.
They are a fast growing product team that is expanding into Kyiv. They are looking for talented big data engineers to help to change the way companies interact with their customers, allowing them to craft personal and unique messages at scale.
Their Data team provides engineering, architecture, and support for Data Science and Product Teams within the company. Our client is seeking a Director of Data Engineering who will jump right into creating a team of engineers building tools and processes that scale with and for use of data and products. This position will report directly to the CTO.
This hands-on position involves solving interesting problems with your teammates related to getting data to, from, and through various systems that propel our business and our customers forward!
- Designing architecture, extending process, and components that are responsible for the core of systems, using today's best practices and modern technologies
- Building, optimizing, validating, and maintenance of a high-performance data pipeline for the ingestion of consumer data from multiple sources
- Productionalizing results from Data Science
- Maintaining appropriate documentation
- Ensuring code has tests to catch gross errors prior to deployment
- Assisting in the on-boarding, mentoring, and training of less experienced engineers
- Ensuring important tasks are monitored and there is a playbook to debug errors
- BS in CS, EE or CE
- Professional and conversational fluency in English
- 3+ years of professional software development
- Proficiency in Java 8
- At least one substantial project each with Java 8 and Spring (not necessarily together)
At least 2 substantial projects involving data ingestion, Restful APIs, and/or micro services.
- Code optimization experience to balance performance with compute levels
- Superior communication skills
- Capacity to learn quickly, think on the fly, and self-teach as required
Will be a plus:
- Machine Learning implementation experience to include any combination of Neural Nets, Bayesian, Linear Regression, Decision Trees, Clustering, etc.
- Big Data system architectural experience
- Queuing (activeMQ, SQS, redis, etc.)
- AWS cloud (EC2, ECS, VPC, IAM, CloudFormation)
The company offers:
- Work in distributed agile teams with the right processes in place;
- Direct cooperation with the customer;
- Dedicated HR-Client Manager and Agile Coach to help you succeed;
- Regular performance reviews with the customer facilitated by HR;
- Agile trainings and mentorship programs, various tech trainings, conferences participation and English classes;
- Regular corporate events;
- Competitive salary and benefits package that includes wide medical insurance, 20 vacation days, 10 sick leaves.