Regular Java Developer (relocation to the Netherlands)
About us: Daxx is a Dutch company and market leader in The Netherlands in nearshore IT staffing services. We serve with more than 150 IT professionals over 60 clients in The Netherlands and international markets. Daxx has offices in The Netherlands (Amsterdam) Ukraine (Kiev, Kharkov, Dnepropetrovsk), UK (London) and US (New York). Our company culture is informal & fun but professional.
Currently, we are looking for a Senior Java developer who will be interested in relocation to the Netherlands
About the project: The client is a leading multidisciplinary software and consultancy company involved in determining the investment costs for a wide range of technical (industrial) projects. The current economic situation makes for companies that want to be confident about future investments and the profitability of their projects. They works for various industries, such as petrochemical, offshore and governmental, both national and international. For this purpose we develop software that has to meet the latest technological developments. With a young team of passionate professionals we try to achieve the best results for our clients. Since being founded in 1996, The Client has helped over 250 companies streamline and improve their cost engineering process
As a Java Developer you will be primarily responsible for the development of technically advanced software. You will work in a team with people from other disciplines, such as Cost Engineers, Java Engineers and Test Engineers. Since you are a senior, you will coach other developers; you will initiate software development improvements and determine the added value of new technologies for our software application.
What do we expect?
- A true passion for software engineering
- Java, FX and Swing must have
- A university degree in Computer Science
- 3-5 years of experience in software engineering on various projects
- Software architecture (Architecture oriented to services, REST)
- Object oriented analysis, design and development. Design patterns (GoF)
- Agile methodologies (Lean, RUP)
- Domain Driven Development (DDD), Test Driven Development (TDD)
- All phases of software development life cycle
- Usability and human interfaces design
- Automated building, testing and deployment and source version control
- App servers (Tomcat, Springsource tc, GlassFish, IBM's, WebSphere 6)
- Other interesting technologies (Android, 3D engines, compilers)
What do we offer?
- Market rate salary (depending on experience)
- 29,5 holidays (based upon a 40hrs work week)
- Company car
- Contributory pension scheme