About the Company:
The Company builds next-gen community tools for the games industry. Their tech has been used by major AAA publishers and indie devs alike. Their platform touches millions of gamers and growing rapidly everyday.Company produce the highest quality community and social experiences built in and around games. The community tools are built for all screens and all games. They've raised over $2.5M to build and market this technology. Their nimble team of 10 works hard everyday to ensure we are the BEST at what we do.
HQ is located in beautiful Kirkland, Washington (the heart of the games industry), caddy-corner Google. A number of team members work remotely.
The Company believes gamers deserve amazing community experiences. They believe game developers want to, but can't always provide those experiences. The Company exists to help bridge that gap. They are passionate about gaming and we are passionate about social media and community. They recruit similarly minded gamers to join us in our cause.
Front end ninjas help turn beautiful designs and product visions into reality. You'll have your feet firmly in two camps, product and development. You'll work with our product team to take their interactive visual designs into vibrant web and mobile experiences. You'll work hand in hand with the backend dev team to fully implement their functionality into your experiences. Our front-end stack is very simple, HTML/CSS (including frameworks such as bootstrap/foundation) and Angular.js . We keep it tight and light. Our products get used by game developers/publishers to engage with their adoring fans. It is critical we keep the web experience true to the game/IP/brand. Small animations, styles, and fonts make all the difference. The Client really differentiates itself on the look and feel of our product, we need front-end ninjas with amazing attention to details, skills, and passion.
Who you'll work with
- Our other front-end developers. Sometimes on the same project other times on your own.
- Our product manager and visual designers to influence and implement their experiences
- Our backend developers/platform team to integrate their services into the product
- Game developers/partners we partner with
- Must have 2+ years experience with front end web development
- Must be an avid & passionate gamer
- Must be an avid social media/community user
- Must be willing to work in team/collaborative/cross-discipline environments
- Must have a hunger for learning and an interest in being the best at what you do
- Must be comfortable working in unstructured environments with ever-changing goals, demands, and deadlines
- Must love creating and doing
- Mustn't be so experienced you feel like you know everything
- Mustn't want/expect to work 9-5
Will be a plus:
- Built anything in the game space (in/out of games)
- Built anything in the social media/community space
- Built, ran, or managed gaming communities